I'm Backkkkk!

Friday, December 21, 2012
Oh my goodness, it has been longer than a long time since the last time I was on here. I really wanted to keep up with this blog, but like everything else in my life I got distracted and just gave up on it. I'm honestly trying to do better and I have a lot of plans of what I would like to post on here. I legitimately just made a sticky note on my laptop about different post ideas and so I'm actually looking forward to posting. 
Here's a quick little update on the chaos that is my life:
I just finished my third semester of college (yay!) and my first semester at the University of Texas. I met some amazing people and got closer to people that I have only known for a few months than people I have known my entire life! My roommate is crazy and scary but I love a big group of girls that live on my hall so I don't have to deal with her much. I love living in Austin, it's true about what they say. It's definitely weird but there is always something to do, somewhere to explore, and the food is really great! I never want to leave. The schoolwork kicked my butt and my GPA took the brunt of the pain. I registered late because I was a transfer student and went in pretty blind not knowing the good professors. I truly think that that really affected me and my classes. I am taking less classes next semester and I supposedly have some really teachers so I think that will help me out. I need to be making a certain GPA in order to get into my major. As I could not do this semester which is a major bummer. 
My studying abroad plans have changed quite drastically. The plan when I started this blog was to go with a professor I had last year to Europe for 5 weeks to 4 different cities. I attempted to contact this professor when he told me to so I could get more information about the trip, but he never replied. Just another disappointment. I ended up talking to my current French professor about an opportunity she talked to us about in class and she convinced me into applying for a trip to Lyon, France this summer. I think that this decision is better since I have never traveled abroad, especially by my self so travelling so extensively and essentially by myself was quite frightening to me. I think going to Paris for a week and then to Lyon for 5 weeks is much more doable for me. I'm not sure when I will find out if I got into this program, but I think that I should hear by the end of January. 
I feel so blessed to have gotten into this beautiful wonderful school that has genuinely been the best decision I have ever made and I can not remember a time I have been this happy! 
More to come soon. I promise! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment